* Changes of existing features or bugfixes.
+ New features.
ObjFW 0.2.1 -> 0.3, 09.05.2010
+ Many new methods were added to different classes.
+ A huge amount of methods was added to OFStream, allowing easy binary
stream handling and even mixing string-based and binary operations.
+ An optional write buffer was added to OFStream.
+ OFSeekableStream was added for streams that allow seeking, for example
* OFNumber was completely reworked and got many new features now.
* Large parts of OFDictionary were rewritten for better readability, better
memory usage and to fix a bug with removing objects.
* OFThread has been greatly improved.
* Many small optimizations.
* Many documentation improvements.
* Method replacing was reworked and the methods renamed.
+ Tests for OFStream were added.
* A bug with building ObjFW as a Universal Binary Framework was fixed.
+ Support for ObjFW-RT, the ObjFW Objective C runtime, was added.
* Sockets are now properly closed before an exception is thrown.
* Error handling with sockets was improved.
* OFFile now uses open(), read() and write(), thus allowing -[readLine] to be
used on of_stdin and fixing many other annoyances.
* A few misc methods were renamed.
+ OFApplication was added.
* All tests and the table generator are now using OFApplication.
+ It is now possible to get the remote address of an OFTCPSocket.
+ OFString can now build paths in the OS-native format.
+ It is now possible to create a string with the contents of a file.
+ Many new file operations were added to OFFile.
* The existing file operations in OFFile were improved.
* Almost all functions that returned self before now return void.
+ OFHash was added as a superclass for OFMD5Hash and OFSHA1Hash and OFHashes
renamed to OFHash.
+ objfw-compile was added for easy compilation of ObjFW projects, which
includes dependency checking for headers etc.
* The instance variable naming convention was changed so that properties work.
+ Properties were added to the interfaces and are used if they are supported
by the compiler.
+ The library version is now included in the resulting dylib and libobjc is
reexported now. Additionally, objfw-config offers --reexport now to produce
libraries that link against ObjFW and reexport it.
ObjFW 0.2 -> 0.2.1, 14.03.2010
* Fix for OFNumbers not doing calculations.
* Improved -[hash] for OFNumbers with floats and doubles.
+ Tests for OFNumber.
* Small optimization for OFArray's -[componentsJoinedByString:].
* Documentation improvements.
* Updated copyright.
ObjFW 0.1.2 -> 0.2, 01.02.2010
+ Support for ObjC 2 Fast Enumerations on every platform which has
compiler support for fast enumerations.
+ Support for ObjC 2 properties on every platform with compiler support.
+ Fast Enumeration through arrays and dictionaries.
* OFIterator has been removed.
+ OFEnumerator was added to replace OFIterator, which is more general
and works with arrays and dictionaries.
+ Portable implementation for atomic operations.
+ Portable implementation for spinlocks. They use atomic operations if
available, if not they fall back to pthread spinlocks. If both are
unavailable, mutexes are used as a last fallback.
* -[retain] and -[release] are now atomic. If no atomic operations are
available, spinlocks are used (which can fall back to mutexes, see
* -[readLine] now handles \r\n without having the \r included in the
+ OFThread now has -[tryLock].
* Mutation methods have been removed from immutable interfaces, thus
already giving an error at compilation instead of at runtime.
* Dependencies between headers have been reduced, leading to faster
* The interfaces of OFSocket and OFStream were cleaned up and some
methods were moved to OFTCPSocket, as they make sense only there.
* File methods unavailable on Windows don't throw an exception at
runtime anymore, but instead are not even in the interface on
Windows. This way, it is a compile time error instead of a runtime
ObjFW 0.1.1 -> 0.1.2, 15.01.2010
* Fix a bug in OFMutableArray's -[removeObject:] and
-[removeObjectIdenticalTo:] that could lead to not removing all
occurrences of the object from the array and to out of bounds reads.
* Change the URL in the framework plist to the homepage.
ObjFW 0.1 -> 0.1.1, 04.01.2010
* Fix a missing out of range check for -[removeNItems:atIndex:] that
allowed the programmer to specify too big ranges so it would crash
instead of throwing an exception.
* Fix missing calls to -[retain] and -[autorelease] when getting
objects from an OFArray or OFDictionary.
* Safer and more fault-tolerant way to remove objects from an
* Calling +[dealloc] throws an exception now. If someone really calls
[SomeClass dealloc], this should be punished and not ignored, as
this is a serious programmer error.
* -[readLineWithEncoding:] is more fault-tolerant now and does not
lose data when it stumbles upon invalid encoding. Instead, it allows
recalling with the correct encoding now.
ObjFW 0.1, 24.12.2009
+ Initial release